Pengalaman Interview Pharmacy UITM & USM 2019 (Degree)

Hello again! So, today I would like to share a little about my experience being interviewed for pharmacy course at two of these universities; UITM and USM.
To begin with, these two universities carry out diffferent types of interview. For uitm, it's called MMI interview which I'll explain later what it's about and for USM, it is just a regular face to face interview.

So, let's begin with the interview for UITM.

For uitm, you will be divided according to 6 circuits for each round (depending on how much candidates on that day) and for each circuit, there's 6 candidates. The way they select the circuit is basically by how you were seated in the hall. So if you want to end your interview faster,make sure to come early and grab the seat in the front (don't be like me.I came 5 minutes late my bad)  meh...... Back to the point, the interview has six stations(one candidate per station). It might sounds a LOT but trust me, it ends quickly;faster than you expected because only four stations require you to answer questions. The remaining two stations is where you can listen to music they played using headphones..Plus, I also read from some blogs that they actually also gave you chocolates during these two stations but since mine was held during Ramadhan, I guess no chocolates?

For each four stations, the questions will be based on these four aspects.You actually have two minutes to think before you come up to the panel to give your answer and you were given five minutes to answer. Different stations,different panel..You can choose to either answer in Bahasa Melayu or English but for communication skills, you are REQUIRED to answer fully in english!

1. Communication Skills.(to test your english profficiency)
*What is a book you recently read? Tell me about it.
2. Ethics/moral values
*Your friend make a fake instagram account to give malicious comment, how would you advise him/her?
3.Interest/motivation
*Why do you want to become a pharmacist? Who is your inspiration?Tell me about it.
4. Critical Thinking
* What would you do to prevent students from arriving late to classes?

Next for USM, honestly there's not much to tell you about since it's just a regular interview. So, first of all, I would like to advise you to come early to the interview ( don't be like me,arrived 5 minutes late) . Why? if you arrive early, you'll finish early. Basically, how this interview works is that you have three panels in a room and you'll enter the room alone when it's your turn.
The interview requires you to answer in english IF the question was asked in english and in Malay if asked in malay.

Here's few questions from what I remember....

1. Perkenalkan diri ( this question may sound simple but be careful when you answer this because your answer will lead up to few of next questions)
eg: I told them that my hobby is writing so for the next few questions, they asked me about my writing meh.. If your hobby is singing, they might as well ask you to sing haha:))

2. Why do you want to become a pharmacist?

3. What do you know about pharmacist?
4. What do you know about UITM?
5.UPU choices..

These are few of examples of the questions they asked( that I can remember).Basically, don't make up things that you don't actually do for the first question cause they will ask you further based on your answer so, be wise and tell the TRUTH.

I guess that's all for today's entry! Good luck for those who will be interviewed. Don't be nervous and be confident!!


Comments